Image by Niamh Burke-Kennedy

WE NEED HELP TO MAKE THIS SHOW!

We're Starting to Say Our Things...

In My Bed has been in the making for a long time.  It’s about my life but I couldn’t make this show until now, although I tried in various forms, I’ve notebooks of poems and rambles from 1990 to now, but it’s taken me thirty-four years to look in the mirror and see myself.  
There’s a process at play, there’s the Universe, and there’s the Chasm. 

I’m making this show because I’ve come to believe that “People NEED to say their things”.  It’s simple but it’s huge.  I smothered mine for years, was too afraid to speak, too ashamed to let anyone know who I was.  Shame is a big thing.  Shame is a huge thing.  I think it’s one of the most powerful emotions, and there’s no action in shame, it’s a closing-in emotion, it isolates and diminishes the soul.  
In My Bed I’m attempting to let go of the shame that is not mine.


I’m tired of being passive, I’ve exhausted all passive avenues.  I can’t make anyone else feel anything, I can only share my story, but I’ve discovered that when we talk, really talk, and try to be real with each other, something amazing happens, something gets lighter, something becomes free, we move collectively towards becoming totally free.  

In My Bed in the shed I’m going to say me things, I’m going to talk to the audience, just talk, that’s all.  I’m going to try to tell you my story.  It’s hard in an hour!  There’s any number of stories I could tell, there’s a thousand people I could talk about who touched my life (so far!).  I’m going to talk about my Granny, my other Mother, I’m going to talk about the women I love, and the fear of loving them.  I’m going to talk about what happened that made me stop being able to love, for a long time.  I’m going to say me things. I’m holdin’ the space from the bed in the shed, I’m going to talk to you.

In My Bed needs an intimate setting for the conversation to happen, each show has an audience of only twenty people.  I’ve been very lucky in finding amazing people to work with me, literally out of the goodness of their hearts.  Niamh Burke-Kennedy has been patiently helping me to tell my story and is directing the show, and in the background Rachel O’Byrne, Producer is making it all happen.  But there are costs that can’t be negotiated, however much in-kind support we receive, there is a need for a small amount of actual money which we need to make this show.  

We need your help to get into the bed, in the shed, people need to say their things, it’s important!

For Your Help We Will Send You:
1: €10 – a note containing one of the Granny’s words of wisdom for living, personal to what you need.
2: €20 – a copy of a rant in prose from the notebooks of the performer 1990 to present – you pick the year!
3: €50 – a copy of a poem from the notebooks of the performer 1990 to present – you pick the year!
4: €100 – a copy of the timeline to be constructed throughout the run of the show - it’s all our biography.
5: €200 – a private conversation in the bed in the shed with the performer.


HOW TO HELP....
JUST CLICK ON THE DONATE BUTTON FOR A SECURE PAYPAL DONATION!

If you can't help financially there are other ways...

YOU can LIKE our page on Facebook and SHARE it with your Friends!
www.facebook.com/pages/In-My-Bed/250016748361014

YOU can subscribe to our BLOG and SHARE it with your Friends!
inmybed2011.blogspot.com

AND, very IMPORTANT...You can BUY a TICKET to the show!!!
www.fringefest.com/event/in-my-bed